Moston Roofing Ltd are approved installers of GRP fiberglass and
Firestone rubber flat roofing systems
Both systems have the following benefits:
Firestone Rubber Roofing Cumbria
When homeowners need to replace their flat roof there are many choices to choose from. Firestone rubber cover EPDM is the ideal choice for all small domestic flat roofs and extensions including dormers, kitchen & bathroom extensions, garages & carports even the garden sheds, Firestone rubber cover can even be installed as a replacement in lead-lined gutters and valleys.
Why is Firestone Rubber Cover so special? Take a look for yourself at some of the key features of a Firestone rubber cover:
- Superior durability – The product comes with a 20-year warranty & a 50-year life expectancy.
- One piece seamless sheets – The rubber for every job is cut to size so no joins or seams.
- Easily maintained – Firestone Rubber Cover requires very little or no maintenance at all. Combined with low installation costs results in a low-cost life cycle.
- Flame free installation – Some flat roofing materials require a heat torch or open flame to install. Firestone rubber cover is held in place using high-quality adhesives eliminating all the risk involved with heat & open flame.
- Highly flexible year-round installation – Because it remains highly flexible even at low temperatures it can be installed all year round. Firestone Rubber Cover can also elongate to over 300% accommodating movement in the building.
- Environmentally friendly – Unlike most other flat roof products EPDM is made from recycled materials making Firestone Rubber Cover the ideal choice for the environment.
- Rainwater safe – Because Firestone Rubber Cover is completely non-toxic it can be used alongside rainwater collection tanks.
Moston Roofing Ltd has been fully trained in the installation of Firestone Rubber Cover EPDM systems.
For more information or a free quote call Moston Roofing today.
GRP Fibreglass Roofing
These well-proven tough resins are the ideal economic solution for all GRP (Glass Reinforced Polyester) flat roofing problems – from garages to extensions, and from valley gutters to balconies. Replacing the traditional Felt roofing surface with a modern and hard wearing fibreglass matting & resin system, this product has been a bench-mark through the industry for many years, these resins continue to be a successful market leader & in our experience & rightly so. GRP fiberglass comes with a 20 year guarantee.
Benefits of Fiberglass Roofing
How Much Does a GRP Fiberglass Roof Cost?
Needless to say, the overall cost of any GRP fiberglass roof system will depend on whether a new roof is being constructed or an existing roof is being repaired or altered. The latter will of course be vastly cheaper.
Naturally, the surface area of the roof and whether you need to bring in the professionals for installation will need to be considered when budgeting for your GRP roof.
You’ll also need to think about if any structural repairs need to be carried out on the roof and if alterations are required to the guttering or downpipes.
Given the greatly superior durability of GRP roofing to felt systems, you might think that a GRP flat roof would cost a great deal more. This is not the case.
Although GRP is pricier than felt or EPDM rubber roofing systems, when you factor in this impressive longevity, along with the lack of maintenance needed, resistance to all weather, and attractive laminated finish, fiberglass roofs can be worth every penny.
Flat Roofing Cumbria
A flat roof is a roof which is almost level in contrast to the many types of sloped roofs. The slope of a roof is properly known as its pitch and flat roofs have up to approximately 10°.
Flat roofs are an ancient form mostly used in arid climates and allow the roof space to be used as a living space or a living roof. There are three different types of flat roof including fibreglass, felt and rubber all of which have their own advantages.
Here at Moston Roofing we specialise in all aspects of flat roofing from minor repairs to complete renovations our fully trained staff can offer free on-site inspections and can help advise you on the best course of action to suit your flat roofing needs. With over 25 years in the roofing industry, you can rest assured you are in safe hands.
Competent Roofer Scheme Member
If 50% or more of your flat roof needs to be replaced*, then under current Building Regulations, you must upgrade your insulation to the current minimum standard and your Local Authority needs to be notified a minimum of 48 hours before work commences. Failure to comply could result in an enforcement notice from your Local Authority, and you will face difficulties when you decide to sell your property. As members of the competent roofer scheme, we can self certify our own work and provide you with the correct compliance certificate’s on completion saving you time and money.
*Scheme does not apply to repairs or new builds.
Firestone RubberCover EPDM Roofing System is the ideal, durable solution for small residential flat roofs such as: extensions, verandas, dormers, porches, garages, carports, garden sheds, balconies, gutters, trailers. We are fully trained in the expert application of this product and will give you a 25 year guarantee on all full installations for your peace of mind.